We are all familiar with the logo: the fluorescent green claw marks on the black background, an ominous look that makes you wonder what kind of drink waits inside.
For many Coloradans, especially younger generations, energy drinks (Monster Energy in particular) are now a part of everyday life. They turn to the sugar-and-caffeine concoction for a quick pick-me-up.
As a personal injury attorney in Colorado Springs, Colorado, a recent news story from King5.com pertaining to Monster Energy grabbed my attention.
About a year ago, a man claims he found a dead mouse in the bottom of his Monster Energy can and has the lab work to prove it.
The man’s attorney recently filed a product liability suit against Monster Energy, seeking physical and emotional damages for his client. Autopsies of the mouse show there is no sign of injury to the animal, meaning it wasn’t killed and forced into the can.
As disturbing as this incident may be, it does shed some light on the fact that food and drink manufacturers may not always take the most care when preparing their products. In this case, the man drank the entire Monster before realizing the mouse was in the can.
If you are injured by a product due to careless or negligent manufacturing or packaging by the producer, be sure to contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Colorado right away for the guidance you need. The producer may never be able to heal your physical or emotional pain, but you could be entitled to compensation.