Many people who have been victims of car collisions in Colorado have asked the question whether it is truly necessary to hire a lawyer to represent them. Even for those persons who want to settle with the insurance company and not go to trial, it is very important to consider consulting with a lawyer in order to discuss the facts and circumstances surrounding your injuries and the nature of your case. The at-fault driver, through his or her insurance company, will have legal advisors on their side putting you at an immediate disadvantage. Here are 5 important ways a lawyer can assist you in coping with the aftermath of your collision.
- The lawyer will communicate with the insurance companies and lawyers on the other side in order to protect your best interest. It is never a good idea for a non-lawyer to attempt to communicate with professional insurance company adjusters or insurance defense lawyers as they are trained and schooled in auto collision litigation.
- Advising you to refrain from signing anything that could harm your case. This includes many documents, but particularly statements of facts and proposed settlement offers.
- Gathering relevant and important evidence. An experienced lawyer will obtain witness statements, police reports, medical records, receipts, and invoices, and other documents that will help establish the fault of the other driver and the extent of your injuries and how those injuries impact your life.
- Using photographs as evidence of your injuries. Next day photographs, videos and recreations of the collision scene are all powerful tools to be used by an experienced lawyer to assist you in your case against the insurance company.
- Helping you obtain the best possible medical assistance for your injuries. Many people injured in Colorado car collisions do not know how to get to the best doctors and health care providers in order to properly and thoroughly diagnose all of their injuries and have them properly and successfully treated. An experienced lawyer knows who the best doctors are and who has the expertise to deal with your particular injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Colorado be sure to contact an experienced lawyer today.