As experienced personal injury attorneys in Colorado Springs, we’ve seen our fair share of car accident, truck accident, and motorcycle accident cases. No matter how careful and defensive a driver tends to be, there are always incidents caused by other drivers that simply can’t be avoided.
In an effort to research the subject of auto accidents in Colorado Springs, I found a helpful article from Fox 21 News that identified the top 25 most dangerous intersections in the city.
Likely not a surprise to many who cross the intersection on their daily commute, Briargate Parkway and N. Powers Boulevard tops the list.
The 25 intersections on the list are as follows:
1. Briargate Parkway and N. Powers Boulevard
2. Palmer Park Boulevard and Space Center Drive
3. Rangewood Drive and Vickers Drive
4. S. Nevada Avenue and Southgate Road
5. Lake Avenue and Venetucci Boulevard
6. N. Powers Boulevard and Research Parkway
7. Barnes Road and N. Powers Boulevard
8. Carefree Circle and Tutt Boulevard
9. E. Fountain Boulevard and S. Union Boulevard
10. Airport Road and S. Academy Boulevard
11. N. Powers Boulevard and N. Union Boulevard
12. Dublin Boulevard and N. Union Boulevard
13. Austin Bluffs Parkway and Stetson Hills Boulevard
14. Milton E. Proby Parkway and S. Powers Boulevard
15. E. Bijou Street and N. Chelton Road
16. Airport Road and S. Circle Drive
17. E. St. Elmo Avenue and S. Nevada Avenue
18. E. Colorado Avenue and E. Pikes Peak Avenue
19. E. Bijou Street and N. Cascade Avenue
20. N. Carefree Circle and Oro Blanco Drive
21. N. Powers Boulevard and S. Carefree Circle
22. E. Platte Avenue and North Meade Avenue
23. Barnes Road and Tutt Boulevard
24. New Center Point and S. Carefree Circle
25. E. Platte Ave. and N. Academy Boulevard.
City engineers used a weighted average to decided which intersections are the worst. The algorithm weighs property damage as a weight of one, injuries as a weight of five, and fatalities as a weight of two.
In terms of number of total accidents, Barnes and N. Powers Boulevard (seventh on the list) records almost twice as many accidents as Briargate Parkway and N. Powers Boulevard. However, the average severity of accidents on the first-ranked intersection raises it to the top.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Colorado Springs, or anywhere in the Front Range, be sure to contact an experienced personal injury attorney like those at Sears & Associates, P.C.