St. Patrick’s Day is a special time in Colorado Springs, Colorado. As we usher in spring, green decorations and clovers fill the windows of businesses and homes around the city.
One of the toughest choices you’ll have to make on March 15 is where to spend St. Patty’s Day. In an effort to help you get the most out of this celebration, we recently found a list from the Colorado Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau.
We encourage you to attend one (or many) of these Colorado Springs St. Patrick’s Day events:
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: The best-known Colorado Springs St. Patty’s day festivity is of course the downtown celebration. The 30th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, 5K, Leprechaun Fun Run (for the kids), 50K Pedalin’ for St. Patrick’s Day Bicycle Ride, and St. Patty’s Sports Expo ensure everyone will have a great time.
- Celtic Steps Irish Dancers: If you’re looking for some traditional Irish fun, head over to the Colorado Springs Senior Center on March 14 (the day before St. Patty’s). The award-winning group of young Irish dancers will put on a traditional dance performance from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day High Tea!: The Irish take their “Cha” seriously. Experience traditional Irish High Tea in the Queen’s Parlour Team Room at Miramont Castle Museum. Along with the tea, enjoy a four-course meal of Irish soda bread, Baileys Irish Crème Scones, fresh fruit, corned beef, and an Irish cheddar and apple sandwich.
- March Irish Celebration: If you’re looking for a true Irish meal in Colorado Springs, search no further than the Stagecoach Inn. Until St. Patrick’s Day, be sure to try the Irish specialties, including: corned beef sandwich, Irish lamb stew, corned beef and cabbage, and special Baileys dessert.
- The Rare Ould Times St. Patrick’s Day Concert: The Rare Ould Times will perform traditional Irish and Scottish music, both vocal and instrumental. The night, beginning at 7 p.m., will include happy songs of rebellion, war, and drinking, sad songs of love and exile, and of course, dance tunes. The performance will be held at the Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts.
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, the Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys at Sear & Associates, P.C. encourage you to check out one of the great local events.
Don’t forget to wear green on March 15!
Photo Credit: Flickr user John R. Hofmann Sr. via Creative Commons